Bugs - CD1
Cat. no. 667738 2
- The second track is quite cool - there's insect noises in the background and a rather neat new guitar riff going on. In the true remix style of picking out phrases and repeating them, virtually the only lyrics from the original song are Jamie singing "tie me down, shut me up" - a slightly different message than the one she was trying to get across! This is one of the few remixes of a single which isn't a dance version. It also has some men shouting "Bugs!" throughout. The additional production and remix were done by Touché for Fruit, and it was engineered by Laurence Dianna.
- The final track is a non-album track exclusive to this release. It's in the same vein as Bugs sound-wise, and you can read the lyrics here. If you've heard this song and you don't think I've got them quite right (I typed as I heard...I'm not too sure how right the line "A sultana with a hatchback" is...), please feel free to e-mail me with your ideas.
- The video to the title track, shot in Spain, features the girls playing atop a secluded garage in the country, and also Jamie's journey there jumping onto various passing vehicles. They're wearing the same clothes as in the picture here.
- It was released on August 16th, 1999.
- The CD is red, keeping in tradition of having the CD the same colour as the predominant cover art background.
- The promotional poster for this single has this picture, but in it you can see the whole car.
Bugs - CD2
Cat. no. 667738 5
- Track 2 is a dance remix, reproduced and remixed by Dave Sears for MARK! Productions inc. / Diesel Productions at The Hutch, Chicago.
- The final track is a non-album track exclusive to this release. It's quite a dance-y track, and you can read the lyrics here.
- This CD also came with a poster of the cover of CD1, also featuring the lyrics.
Bugs - cassette
|I Quit (acoustic version)||3:56|
Cat. no. 667738 4
- The cover is the same as the promotional poster, showing the full car with it's great number plate. Cleverly covered by the sticker in this picture ;^)
- The second track can also be found on one of the Deep Deep Down CD singles. It is a rather unusual 'acoustic' track, as it has a huge great electric guitar playing on it, as well as a keyboard. Apart from that, it's an acoustic guitar, the vocals and extra vocal harmonies. There's also no vocals on the bridge, just an instrumental.
Back to Discography
All cover art retains copyright of Sony Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.